Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Grandma, on Board

As a grandma, I sometimes feel as if I'm in graduate school for moms.
The challenges I work at mastering are similar to the ones I worked on as a mom: how to nurture without smothering; how to give enough help without discouraging independence; how to keep on loving even when the object of your love is driving you crazy!
It's no easier for my daughters and daughters-in-law who parent my grandchildren: what should they do with me and all my great ideas? How can they respond nicely when I tell them (for the fortieth time) something "they might want to think about . . . "
Fortunately for me, they are gracious and kind!
We thought, though, that it might be fun to explore some of the issues that come up when there is a grandma on board. We hope you'll come along for the ride!

No comments: